SAP Human Capital Management (SAP HCM) is one of the key modules in SAP and is also called SAP Human Resource (HR) or SAP Human Resource Management System (SAP HRMS). SAP HCM contains many submodules and all these modules are integrated with each other.
The key modules are as follows −
- Organizational Management − Organizational Management includes Personnel development, Personnel cost planning and event management.
- Time Management − Time management includes time recording, attendance, time schedule, shift management, etc.
- Personnel Administration − Personnel Administration includes personal and organizational structure, Infotypes, integration with time and payroll, etc.
- Payroll − Payroll deals with payroll types, payroll group configuration, primary and secondary wages, gross pay, bonus, etc.
- Recruitment − Recruitment includes hiring an employee, maintaining HR master data, etc.
- Training and Event Management − Training and Event Management deals with identifying training needs, scheduling training, training cost management, etc.
- Travel Management − Travel Management includes managing official trips, cost management for travel, travel expenses, etc.
SAP Production Planning (SAP PP) is the component of ERP Central Component (ECC) that helps businesses plan the manufacturing, sale and distribution of goods. SAP PP plays a vital role in a manufacturer's supply chain and integrates with other ECC modules such as Materials Management (MM), Sales and Distribution (SD), Plant Maintenance (PM), Quality Management (QM), Finance (FI), Controlling (CO) and Human Resources (HR). Production Planning is the process of aligning demand with manufacturing capacity to create production and procurement schedules for finished products and component materials. It tracks and makes a record of the manufacturing process flows, for example, the planned and actual costs. Also, goods movements from the conversion of raw material to semi-finished goods.
SAP PP is one of most important modules of SAP ERP which deals with the production planning processes like Material Requirement Planning, Capacity Planning, Movement of raw material and goods, Cost management etc. Because of great market demand of SAP PP consultants in manufacturing companies, most of the working professionals and freshers are interested to learn SAP PP application tool to increase their work effectively and knowledge so that they can better perfectly work in Production & Planning Processes.